Friday, October 16, 2009

Erick M

Whether you have been wearing the same old black tee for weeks or rock'n your brand new Members Only jacket. Enjoy punk music or country music, like Vans or Nike's, we all have been judged by someone. But why judge? Why label someone without knowing them? Sometimes when I walk down the hallways of Thornton High I notice little groups, separated, not really noticing each other. Sometimes not allowing other people in. I'm not the friendliest person myself, talking to any random individual. I'd probably be a pretty good example of a guy who doesn't care about other people. But this isn't about how people should stop judging each other. It's simply a question asking, why? Maybe if we come up with a question an answer will follow.

Maybe we don't interact with other groups because they don't dress the same as us. I mean I'm wearing my New Religion jeans and my Armani shirt and she's wearing a big ass ICP clown and some red Dickies. I wear my fitted Guess belt and she wears a long string looking belt hanging down the side of her leg. Why do our differences over power our similarities? Because we both like family guy, yell just as loud when the Broncos score a touchdown, smile when a kid is getting in trouble. Why can't we see our similarities but we can see our differences?

Maybe it's because we don't like the same music. While my CD's bump Fabolous, Plies, Jeezy, and everything in between, hers are filled with crazy rock bands I've never heard of. I judge hers saying it's a bunch of offbeat noise and loud screaming, she judges mine saying all rappers rap about the same thing. But if we got to talking, we would find out we both think Atmosphere is a crazy sick rapper and I even like a couple of her Godsmack songs. But we never will have that talk and therefore never will know. So we just keep judging and thinking we have nothing in common.

People don't take the time to investigate. They just take what they see and judge on that. Maybe we have been doing it for so long it's too late to turn back. Or maybe we just don't realize it and when we do, we will make changes. But probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment